Mars is a planet in the SoL solar system which is the nearest planet to Earth. Mars plays a role in alien research because it is rumored that there may or has been Alien life of some kind on the planet. As since evidence of icy water has been found on the planet. In popular culture, Little green men were once said to have lived on Mars.
Bacteria was found on a Martian meteorite in Atarctica, but the evidence is still being argued with by scientists, as the meteorite could have been contaminated. Also, a Martian being was photographed by the Spirit rover in November 2007, but the photo is still in controversy because it could easily be some kind of rock.
In 2008 the NASA Phoeneix program confirmed there is water on Mars, leading to strong possibilities that life has exsisted in the planet's past. If the supposed being photographed in 11/07 happened to be amphibious, there is even a possibility that not only life, but intelligent life is present there (speculation).
- Seeker.com, How Mars Went From Warm and Wet to Cold and Dry, by NANCY ATKINSON, 03/31/2017
- Science, Mars’ atmospheric history derived from upper-atmosphere measurements of 38Ar/36Ar by B. M. Jakosky1,*, M. Slipski1, M. Benna2, P. Mahaffy2, M. Elrod2, R. Yelle3, S. Stone3, N. Alsaeed1,4; 31 March 2017
- Seeker.com, Martian Meteorites Could Reveal That the Red Planet Was Wetter Than We Thought, by BY ELIZABETH HOWELL 06 March 2017
- Origins hypotheses
- BPA, It Seems that Mars has Not Always Been our Planetary Neighbor, by Joelle Renstrom, December 18, 2017
- Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Volume 468, The cool and distant formation of Mars, by R.Brasser, 15 June 2017
- Research Suggests Mars Formed in the Asteroid Belt, by Ryan Whitwam, May 16, 2017
- Mars May Have Been Born in the Asteroid Belt, by Elizabeth Howell, Space.com Contributor | May 15, 2017
- Blog, Mysterious Mars Lecture - Dr Tom Van Flandern, Sunday, February 27, 2011