The study of alien phenomena is known as xenology, a branch of study in ufology. Xenology is of interest to ufologists and alien hunters, due to numerous Close Encounter reports that have gone on record, since the 19th century. Information about alien appearance and intelligence has been gathered from sightings, abduction cases and alleged contact.
It is an established fact, in all sense of legal terminology, that since the early 1950s, unethical human experimentation in the United States and in the Soviet Union/Russia, were being conducted at black sites. One known location was the Edgewood Arsenal human experiments at Aberdeen Proving Ground (See also Project Penguin). These secret Cold War experiments included testing of various drugs such as Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), a hallucinogenic drug that antagonizes psychological phenomena (See psychosomatic medicine). They were heavily used in Project MKUltra.
Were there human volunteers for these secret programs?
Enter alien abduction cases. An alien abduction case is often classified as a Close Encounter of the fourth kind. Alien abduction claims are described as "subjectively real memories of being taken secretly against one's will by apparently nonhuman entities and subjected to complex physical and psychological procedures". Subjects may suffer from posttraumatic stress disorder.
The alien abduction phenomena can be hypothesized by the following probabilities, in perhaps this most likely order:
- Probability a: World governments engaged in human experimentation, used psychosomatic drugs which induced visions upon the victim's mind; so as to appear that they are going to other Worlds, and making contact with aliens.
- Probability b: Government agents dressed up as aliens, created environments for the victim to appear as if subjected to an alien abduction, while inducing psychosomatic drugs for a pure alien effect (All this effort to blame aliens, rather than the government for secret experimentation).
- Probability c: Use of psychosomatic drugs pushed the victim into an out-of-body experience in which they temporarily accessed inter-dimensional Worlds, and/or making contact with aliens.
- Probability d: Victims were actually abducted by real aliens for alien examination.
- Probability f: Both World governments and aliens are working together at black sites, abducting victims in accordance with contracts like 1954 USA contract.
- Main article: Alien Appearance
Is psychosomatic drugs to blame for all alien sightings? In a 1995 study, alien abduction cases of Gray beings, reported 75% in the United States, 2% in Continental Europe, 12% in Great Britain, and the remaining percentage as other. Do all psychosomatic drugs produce the same visual effects in all human genome types across the World? Likely not.
Interestingly, Gray beings are the most common entities reported. Though appearances may vary, there are many consistent features: The reported average height is 3-5 ft, with frail looking bodies, and disproportionate large craniums. Eyes are big and slanted; mostly jet black with some absence of the pupil, or have slit pupils as reptiles do.
- Main article: Alien intelligence
Alien intelligence or Intelligent alien life would be a complex nonhuman entity that must have the potential capacity to feel, and to perceive or experience subjectively, as do humans, if not better. An advanced form of intelligence is to distinguish the ability to think (reason) from the ability to feel (sentience). This is the divide between human intelligence and machine intelligence (a study in AI).
- Main article: [[Astrobiology Portal]]
Extraterrestrial life is a subject of study in Astrobiology, a discipline of study needed for prepping astronaughts in zero gravity space, to ensure safety, health, and wellbeing. The concept broadened, after trace discoveries of ice molecules were found by probes observing various astronaumical terrain bodies (ie. Mars, and natural satellites like Europa).
The first alien life discovered, was extraterrestrial bacteria in 1996 by NASA scientists on a Martian meteorite. In 2001, the "Red rain in Kerala" was attributed by some to extraterrestrial bacteria. Recently, there have been discoveries of bateria living in extreme environments on Earth, such as in glaciers; which gives clues to possible living organisims in subsurface ice conditions, like that of Mars, and Europa.
Through the discipline of astrobiology, studies of Goldilocks conditions and Habitable zone (CHZ) models, can help researchers to determine if extraterrestrial organisms can survive even outside the CHZ.
- ↑ Albarelli, H. P. (2009). A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments. Trine Day. p. 53. ISBN 978-0977795376
- ↑ Appelle, Stuart. "The Abduction Experience: A Critical Evaluation of Theory and Evidence". Journal of UFO Studies, n.s. 6, 1995/96, pp. 29–78
- ↑ Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind, published 1995
- ↑ Informania: Aliens
- ↑ Earth Science