Dwight D. Eisenhower served as the 34th president of the United States from 1953 to 1961. Eisenhower was raised in Abilene, Kansas, in a large family of mostly Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. His family had a strong religious background. His mother became a Jehovah's Witness. Although he did not belong to any organized church until 1952, Eisenhower is said to be "one of the most deeply religious men I know". He was baptized in the Presbyterian Church in 1953.
Val Thor[edit | edit source]
- Eisenhower: “Please, sir, what is your name? And where do you come from?”
- Thor: “I come from the planet your Bible calls the morning and the evening star.”
- Eisenhower: “Venus?”
- Thor: “Yes, sir.”
- Eisenhower: “Can you prove this?”
- Thor: “What do you constitute as proof?”
- Eisenhower: “I don’t know.”
- Shining (O Lucifer)[KJV] morning star,
- how you have fallen from the heavens!
- You destroyer of nations,
- you have been cut down to the ground.