A Close Encounter of the fifth kind is a close encounter of a UFO event that involves direct communication between aliens and humans. This type of close encounter was named by Steven M. Greer's CSETI group and is described as bilateral contact experiences through conscious, voluntary, and proactive human-initiated cooperative communication with extraterrestrial intelligence. 
- Radio source SHGb02+14a is an example of a Close Encounter of the fifth kind.
- ↑ What're close encounters of the first, second, third, fourth and fifth kind?. S.P.S. Jain. The Times of India. 22 March 2003. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- ↑ Haines, Richard (1999). "CE-5 Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind.". Sourcebooks, Inc..
- ↑ McCarthy, Paul (December 1, 1992). "Close encounters of the fifth kind. (communicating with UFOs)". Omni. Archived from the original on 2007-05-12. http://nbgoku23.googlepages.com/Closeencountersofthefifthkind.commun.htm. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- Informania: Aliens, page 19